Listening is Important!
“Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” – Lisa Stone.
Your event is important to you, I know this already. You literally become my boss. It’s important to share my experiences with you but more importantly listening to your needs.
Arrogance is not my persona, this is not how business is dealt with in my opinion and it’s primarily listening to the customer’s needs, their wants, their objective, and ultimately the visual aspect of what needs to be accomplished. An arrogant DJ is the last thing you need.
At a much younger age I learned it’s important to listen to what the customer wants and tailor to their needs. You will find that I share ideas creatively, but more importantly listen.
Every business has a beginning and my journey began as any other business with the client in mind.
Below I have determined what I believe my clients are looking for in a DJ which can vary with opinion and this list is just a snapshot. I understand opinions vary on this subject, however I have asked my clients what they are looking for and this tops the charts.
- A personality
- Listening Skills
- Diverse music collection
- Diverse in music
- Reading a crowd
- Professional and Clean
Here are a few more things:
- You will always get DJ Rob, not a protege or someone else.
- I have a positive attitude from start to finish. I realize the importance of your event. I take this seriously.
- I always have a backup plan for everything. Including equipment. It might be overkill, but I back everything up to 3 external hard drives, USB, my iPhone and my iPad. I even have a 2nd laptop.
- I am prepared for every event and many find it hard to believe but there are many-many hours invested in one single event.
- You will obtain 110% of my efforts. I want you a client for life.
- I am passionate in what I do and you will have complete access to me. I utilize Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, and other ways to keep in touch.
- I am considered a techie. Love to utilize technology in what I do.
- Innovative and creativeness from start to finish.
- Everything is planned ahead. 20-step process plan identifies people, name pronunciation, song selections, and timeframes.
- You will always get an “extra mile” from me, ask me some stories.
- Vendor/Venue relationship building.
- I am NOT a cheesy DJ. I don’t like them either. This isn’t about me.
- I cater to YOUR event. We design it together. This isn’t a moment where I show up and just play music that I like.
- Professional setup, clean & elegant. Wires are hidden.
- Reliable equipment. Backup equipment (including speakers and mixers).
- Music is always up to date utilizing professional subscription updates.